GERMAN BUNKERS
GERMAN BUNKERS
GERMAN BUNKERS
GERMAN BUNKERS

GERMAN BUNKERS

During World War Two, from 1943 to 1945, the Todt organisation built a great many fortifications ranging from bunkers and small forts to reinforced concrete barracks in the area. Built along the coast as anti-aircraft and anti-landing positions and equipped with artillery and machine guns, all that is now left of these is a number of bunkers near the Cavallino lighthouse which the Germans called the Cavallino Nord Battery and the Punta Sabbioni Batteria Nuova built to defend the entrance to the San Nicolò del Lido harbour.

Text from the book: "Le Fortificazioni - Frammenti di guerra".