The building of the great coastal batteries and telemetry towers during the Great War made barracks necessary. A first barracks named “Il Mandracio” was built in 1911 at Ca’ Vio, very close to the Pordelio canal, where a quay was built for the mooring of ships from Venice. It was a long, two floor building used as troop lodgings, an equipment and arms warehouse and for storerooms and the quartermaster's headquarters. In 1911 work also began on Caserma “Ca’ Pasquali”, another imposing military building complete with a characteristic centrally positioned telemetry tower. Just a short distance away from both Mandracio and Caserma Ca’ Pasquali, along the Pordelio canal, a two floor building was erected in 1914 to house officers' quarters and is used today as private housing. (”Officers' quarters”).
Text from the book: "Le Fortificazioni - Frammenti di guerra".