The Pisani Battery was built from 1909 to 1912 and also had a decauville narrow gauge railway line and played a part in the Great War. It was more lightly armoured than the Amalfi with a lower range howitzer of nineteenth century design and thus could not be used in the lower Piave front battles. In World War Two it housed an anti-aircraft gun and after it was dismantled was occupied by civilian families who abandoned it only in the last decades of the twentieth century. It was named after Venetian commander Vettor Pisani who defeated Pietro Doria's Genoese fleet in the battle of Chioggia in 1380.
Text from the book: "Le Fortificazioni - Frammenti di guerra"